We focused on giving advice, suggestions, and plans to improve the UoT academic, research, and postgraduate programs.
Thermofluid & Renewable Engineering Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia Department of Mechanical Engineering
PhD - University of Bradford, UK
MSc - University of Baghdad, Iraq
BSc - University of Baghdad, Iraq
Completed his BSc, 1973; MSc, 1981 in Mech. Eng. from University of Baghdad. After awarded PHD from University of Bradford-UK, 1989, he appointed as the head of the Mech. Eng. Dept. in the Military College of Engineering – Baghdad for the period 1990-1997. From 1999 to 2003, he headed the Mech. Eng. Dept. in Al-Mustansirya University, Baghdad. He operated as the manager of the Netherlands Engineering Consultants, NEDECO - Iraq branch 2003-2005. Prof Hussain has joint Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) in Malaysia since 2006 till recent. As a leader in Thermo-Fluids and Energy Technologies, he has published around 280 research papers, 5 books and many chapters in books. He supervised more than 80 PG, 70 have graduated and 10 are ongoing. Prof Hussain has been awarded in different national and international levels for his innovated achievements in the energy sector.
- The Feasibility and Development of Alternate Energy Sources for the Australian Cotton Industry, $1,140,006 Cotton Research Development Corporation CRDC.
- Using Covered Anaerobic Ponds to Treat Abattoir Wastewater, Reduce Greenhouse Gases and Generate Bio Energy (2010), 307 000 AUD. MLA Australia.
- Coal seam gas (CSG) use in Agriculture (Feasibility study), 75000 AUD. 2010. EMR industrial partner.
- Queensland International Fellowship 2010 Award, Investigation of ignition characteristic of biogas with pilot injection of Dimethyl Either (DME) for development of low emission sustainable power generation at University College London (UCL). 21,000 AUD.
- Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition/Controlled Auto Ignition, APA PhD scholarship award for my student over three years 75,000 AUD. Principal Supervisor.